India: A Leading Healthcare Destination
- Over the years, India has grown to become a top-notch destination for medical value travel because it scores high over a range of factors that determines the overall quality of care. Imagine a complex surgical procedure being done in a world class global hospital by acclaimed medical specialists at a fifth to tenth of what it normally takes! That’s India. From quality of therapy, range of procedural and treatment options, infrastructure and skilled manpower to perform any medical procedure with zero waiting time, the list of benefits of travelling for medical treatment in India are many. With the world Finest Doctors
- The high-end healthcare system in India is as good as the best in the world. India maintains not only a robust accreditation system but also a large number of accredited facilities (about 275 such facilities that match any global infrastructure). India has a good number (22) of JCI (Joint Commission International) accredited hospitals and compares well with other countries in Asia. These set of approved hospitals in India can provide care at par or above global standards.
- Cutting edge technology to support medical diagnostics and medical procedures are employed by specialists in medical facilities. All recognized hospitals have invested a lot in supportive technology and operative techniques. Complicated heart surgeries, cancer care and surgeries, neuro and even general surgeries require high-end technology to continually better outcomes, minimize complications, enable faster recovery and reduce length of hospital stay. The recent advancements in robotic surgeries, radiation surgery or radio therapies with cyber-knife stereo-tactic options, IMRT / IGRT, transplant support systems, advanced neuro and spinal options are all available in India. India’s medical management and acclaimed specialists are quite comfortable in challenging themselves to new frontiers to provide solutions, always building on their expertise
- Quality of care is what attracts people. However, quality services should not be beyond the affordability of the patient who requires it. If quality comes at an affordable cost it is an unbeatable advantage. This confluence of highest quality and cost advantage is unique for India. The benefit is unimaginable when it comes to major treatments such as for leukemia where the difference in cost is 10 to 20 times. For other treatments, it could be anything from a fifth to a tenth when compared to Western countries and 80 to 90 per cent of what is charged in other South Asian medical destinations. The estimated 600,000 people who step into India from other countries do not do so for cheap healthcare but for quality healthcare at an affordable cost. They are not compromised at any level, but regain health at a fraction of the cost.
Services and Care:-
- Quick and immediate attention for surgeries and all interventions are assured in India. Getting an appointment for bypass surgery or a planned angioplasty in certain countries takes almost 3-6 months. And there these treatments are very costly too. It’s zero waiting time in India for any procedure, be it heart surgery, kidney care, cancer treatment, neuro-spinal procedure, knee/hip/joint replacements, dental, cosmetic surgeries, weight loss surgery etc.
- For greater understanding between patients and healthcare personnel, the warmth and hospitality of Indian hospitals is a big factor in choosing India as a healthcare destination. Among the top medical destinations of the world, India has the highest percentage of English language speaking people. Amidst the variety of culture and traditions, if there is one thing that is common in India, that is the English language. If other language options are essential, there are expert interpreters who will be arranged by the hospitals. All leading to reassuring hospitality and great after care.